Our goal for 2019 Breast Cancer Awareness
How you can help
During the month of October, you can participate in the following ways:
- Eat Pizza! When you order the Slice of Hope Special, we will donate $1 to the American Cancer Society.
- Donate at any Pizza Guys location or online during your pizza order.
- Donate directly to the American Cancer Society.
- Join our Making Strides Team! The walk will be held on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
“Save It Or Shave It” Campaign
The idea behind this campaign is to challenge someone you know on social media to either shave their head in support of those directly affected by breast cancer or donate to the American Cancer Society. The person being challenged can choose to do one of the following:
- “Save” their hair and donate to the American Cancer Society. Then, tag a person they know on social media to do the same challenge.
- “Shave” their hair in support of breast cancer and then, tag a person they know on social media to do the same challenge.
We launched this campaign in hopes of encouraging the community to make strides against breast cancer.
Why we do this
Breast cancer touches thousands of people each year. According to the American Cancer Society, it is estimated that 268,600 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of 2019. Sadly, we probably all know someone who has been affected by this disease – a mother, a sister, a friend, or neighbor. That is why Pizza Guys started the Slice of Hope campaign in 2014. We hope to bring awareness and raise money to fund the wonderful programs American Cancer Society offers to anyone who has been touched by cancer.